Sharon McQuillan was one of the first women in the nation to become a PGA member and has been a member since 1982. She is also a Class A Member of the LPGA and is a US Kids Golf Certified Instructor and received Top 50 US Kids Golf Instructor Honorable Mention for 2012.
Sharon has considerable teaching experience. She was on the staff of Jim McLean for nine years. To name a few of Jim McLean's students, he teaches Keegan Bradley, winner of the PGA Championship and Alexis Thomson, at 16 is the youngest winner of an LPGA event. Currently, he teaches Lucy Li, youngest qualifier for Women's US Open. Sharon spent over ten winters working on her own game with Patti McGowan, a top 100 teacher, when Patti was at the David Leadbetter Academy in Lake Nona, Florida. Sharon has also attended numerous teaching seminars headed by great teachers such as: Michael Breed, Sean Foley, Suzy Whaley, Gary Wiren, the late Manual DeLatore,and many others.
Her students range from the beginner to the experienced college player. In one season, she had the most improved golfer at three different clubs. One of her students, qualified for the US Amateur in 2011 and the same student had qualified for the US Junior in 2009. Another one of Sharon's students won her first national US KidsGolf tournament in 2011 at the age of 8 years. She specializes in teaching young girls who aspire to be the best they can be with their golf games.
Sharon is currently the US Kids Golf Tour Director for Long Island.
- Member of PGA and LPGA
- Top 50 US Kids Golf Instructor Honorable Mention in 2012
- US Kids Golf Certified Instructor
- US Kids Golf Tour Director/Long Island
- For ten years, Sharon served as the Head Professional at Bonnie Briar Country Club in Larchmont, New York, the only female Head Professional at a member owned private club.
- Selected for unprecedented six Squire Cup Teams in the Metropolitan PGA Section (teams are selected based on outstanding performance in Leadership, Professionalism, Playing Ability in the PGA)
- Teaching Professional at Quaker Ridge Golf Club under Jim McLean
- Teaching Professional at Sleepy Hollow Country Club under Jim McLean
- Second Place finish LPGA Sectional Championship, 2002
- Qualified for the JAL in 1989-1992, an LPGA tour event,
- Won Sectional LPGA Tournament in 1988
- Qualified for LPGA Championship in Ohio, 1989, major tour event
- Qualified for Women’s U.S.Open in California,1982